The Lafayette Clinical Research Group (LCRG) was formally established in 2012, to bring quality clinical trials to Greater Lafayette area. Dr. Marlin W. Schul is no stranger to clinical research. His efforts in medical school, residency and in clinical practice as a leading Board Certified Vascular Medicine and Emergency Medicine physician, have led to numbers of peer reviewed publications in addition to multiple research awards and grants. Participation in a Phase III sclerosant study in 2009 stimulated and solidified Dr. Schul’s ongoing commitment to clinical research on the forefront of medical discovery.
The Lafayette Clinical Research Group philosophy is patient centered and focused on outcomes. We seek meaningful trials that have the potential to improve the quality of life for individuals in the Greater Lafayette Area. LCRG explains the disease process and all subject options, and assures GCP compliance in assuring patient safety, confidentiality, and accuracy of data.
As an independent research group we can offer the following services at your fingertips:
LCRG Features Include:
- Four private exam rooms including a pediatric room and infusion room
- Capability to provide patient comfort while performing PK studies
- Comfortable chairs/bed with Netflix/HBO/ESPN, etc.
- Supportive Research Services On-site
- Large lab and capability to process ambient and cold specimens
- IATA Certified for lab processing & shipping
- Locked -20 freezer
- Locked refrigerator
- Locked drug storage for IP and controlled substances
- Code cart with AED/resuscitation drugs/oxygen
- Patient Assessment Tools
- 12 Lead EKG
- Dynamap with pulse-ox
- Thermometers & Scales
- Ultrasound Services with credentialed sonographer
- Hokanson Device to facilitate consistent augmentation, etc.
- Support staff to include administrative, nursing, and medical assistants.
- ACRP Certified Dedicated Research Coordinator
- On-site PI/Medical Director
- Board Certified Vein Specialist
- Accredited Vascular Lab On-Site
- Experience in developing, implementing and publishing vein clinical trials
- Immediate Access for suspected thrombosis cases
- Well documented collaboration within the Greater Lafayette community
Women’s and Children’s Health:
- Our Research Facility is adjacent to three large OB/GYN groups and a large Pediatric group
- Mammography, TVU, DEXA Scans, and Venous Ultrasound are available on site or in close proximity
- Collaborative efforts with OB/GYN Groups and Pediatricians garners support for quality trials
- Recruiting for GYN/Infant trials have been strong
- Infant/Pediatric blood draws occur on-site and Dr. Schul’s years of experience in accessing even the smallest veins allows us to deliver samples when dictated by protocol